Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gems and Duds

The truly horrible thing about writing workshops, is you end up with 12 or more copies of the same story, with markings and notes here and there. Most people probably go throught the notes, use what they want, and discard the copies.

Not me. I carry the whole set from place to place. All that paper is heavy. I just dumped a bunch of copies, keeping just the page of notes at the end. Even so, the story I just looked at is not one I might want to go back to...it seems the first file I went through had the best "gems" so far.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I finally understood you were cleaning your desk, I wasn't sure it was your computer. It seems to me you are in your particular Lisa in wonderfileland with piles of papers all around. I hope you find more pearls.